CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 31, 2010

With No Apparent Beauty that man should him desire

So this Haloween was uniqe indeed! It fell on a sunday and so instead of trick or treating or partying it up, I was at church for not one, or two or even three, but five hours! And strangly everything that has been on my mind lately, every question I've had and everything I needed to hear, was discussed. Today left me with a new perspective of faith, trials, and all that Jesus Christs atonment can do for us.
Sometimes, when hard things happen, we start to feel bad for ourselves, we forget him, and we forget to be gratful for all that he did for us. Is it possible that, someone would be willing to suffer every pain and heart ache, and affliction that we could ever possibly imagine for us? And can his suffering really enable us to become more then we are, to become like he is? YES! Jesus Christ lived, he suffered so much pain, and lonliness and grief far beyond what I can even begin to comprehend, meanwhile praying for the people who were imposing this on him. he prooved that love is real!
we all struggle, we all go through things that seem to be impossible to move on from. But we have to becuse how would we ever hope to be like him if we didn't feel a little bit of what he felt? And how would we excersise faith in him? Faith that he has a plan for us and our lives, faith that he will help us and faith that these afflictions really are for just a small moment.
We knew it wasn't going to be easy, we knew that we would strluggle with family issues or physical pain, or fear or even feeling loved. But we looked up at our hevenley father and decided that we would do it, that we would do it one hundred million times if it meant returning to him, if it meant being like he is.
Im so grateful to have the gospel in my life, Im so glad that I know I can turn to the savior with anything, with no apparent beauty that man should him desire he IS the promised savior to purify with fire!

2 comments:

  1. My post made you cry. And Your post made me BAWL! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I needed to hear right now, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete