CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 2, 2012

And now, my son, remember.

Sometimes, I sit at home on Saturday nights and watch "the price is right" it's a crazy little show on which people are simply asked to guess how much an item costs. Some people are crazy off in their guesses, people will Value a $400 TV for only $200, a $60000 car at only $2000 or even a $5 loaf of brad at $15!
But you see, technically, all of those people are right! In case you wanted an economics lesson today, I'll have you know that the value Of an item is "whatever someone is willing to pay for it." So i ask you, what, then, is the value of a soul?
That Is the question that every price right contestant should dread! Because there is no number, no amount and no possible way to comprehend the price Christ paid for our souls. He suffered more than any human heart will ever understand, he went like a lamb to the slaughter, he bled, and he cried and he died, to pay the awful price for our sins, and he did it because HE values our souls, more than we will ever know.

In return, he only asks 2 things of us!
1) that we try to live like him.
2) when we fall short, we use the incredible gift of his atonement to come back.

Personally, I think we owe him that and so much more! now is the time to arise, to repent and to become the people he wants us to be! It is the only way to show him that we are grateful for his incredible gift!

I have had an amazing week at EFY, I have grown in grace and wisdom, I have felt God's love for me, and come to LOVE 30 people who a week ago, were complete strangers. I felt a light growing in my heart,that no doubt, is the light of Christ and I have seen my testimony grow in countless ways!

However, none of it matters at all if I don't stick to the goals I set for myself at BYU campus! If I forget what the lord has let me feel, or if I return to old, Nasty habits! So I just wanted to share with you all, that I'm commiting to being a better me, to being the me our redeemer needs me to be. I want to be a better sister,daughter, neighbor and friend! And most of all, I want to never forget to put the lord very first! He deserves that so much!

I'm so grateful for this week! I'm so grateful to be one of so few people in the world who have this light and knowledge. I love the prophet Joseph smith, without him, I would be walking blindly with no knowlege of the truth, And most of all, I love Jesus Christ. He is my brother, my best friend, my advocate with the father,my redeemer, my protector, my EVERYTHING! I always want to remember that, and to live my life like I do!

Thank you so much my heroes in Zion company, for actually being my "heroes" and showing me what it means to remember!! I love you my brothers and sisters:)


PS: prepare to be bombarded with crazy stories and pictures from this crazy, wonderful week, very VERY soon:)

2 comments:

  1. Kylie, you are my hero! Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me. Not many 16 year olds value the gospel at all. And what's more you LOVE it. I feel something when I read your testimony. It's powerful and true. You have such a grasp on what's important in life. You are so genuine.

    ReplyDelete