CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 3, 2010

Sweet silver lining.

So Im gonna be honest fot a sec, when I saw that cast list today, Im pretty sure my heart sank into my stomack!  Actulally a little before that when dear parker high fived everyone next to me and then looked at me awkwardly and walked away ( but actually THAT was hilarious and it made my day) Inot making it  was just a little bit disopointing. I had been working really hard and I really wanted it! But this post is not a huge rant about not being good enough or wishing id made it or anything of the sort. This post is about how allie offered to go see tangled with me the second she found out i didnt make it. Its about how no matter what drama is going on in my family, there all there for me the second I need them. And its about the comfort that comes from getting on my knees and saying a prayer. Im not just talking about Seusical rite now. Recentley my life has been a little bit complicated. Ive been stressing and worrying and feeling sad alot lately and I think that in a weird way, the small disopointment of not making the play made me see how blessed I am.
    One night last year I woke up from what was probably one of the harderst things I would ever have to go through, that next morning, I felt so dead, so numb, I didnt want to feel anything anymore because I decided if  I felt nothing I wasnt feeling pain. But fortunatly it was a sunday and I could not ignore the immense prompting that I needed to go to church . Going that day was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I realized that the Lord was always there for me and that night, being the cheesy girl that I am, I made a wish on a star. Do you wanna know what I wished for? I wished that I would always be able to see the good in my life. Im pretty sure that wish can come true whenever I want it too. Im thankful for the mysterious ways in which the Lord works and for this little expirience that I needed and that I grew from. And now I have this awesome little movie moment because as I was wrighting this the perfect little Kate Voegle song came on, its by far one of my favorites:
" I may be week but Im never deafeted and Ill keep defeating the clouds with that sweet silver lining"

2 comments:

  1. Kylie, I just hope you know I'm crying again. I'm always here for you girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are simply amazing. I am honored to be your mom. I love you

    ReplyDelete